This wide category--ranging from philosophy to memoir--received the same number of entries as did fiction, though the word count is over 3000 less.
- Andrea Semler, Why Women and Men CAN be Friends
- Courtney Flatt, Are Principles of Justice from Reflective Equilibrium Coherent?
- Derone Pugh, The Road to My Deconversion
Marx, Taking Flight Everett
- Jim Ashby, God is Flawed
- Kylyyssa Shay, Where Morality Comes From
- Literary Dead Kittens (LDK), Your Name
- Ruth Dickson, 2009 Geriatric Olympic Games