Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Mirror

*

*



Poetry by Valles Marineris

*

*




Surrounded by people I would like to meet,
Encircled by people I wish I could be,
Surrounded by a person that is inside of me and
Trapped in a mind that won't let itself think.
I'm confined to a body and I can't get free,
She locked me in a room and hid the key;
Then darkened the windows so I can't see the
Colors in the sky as the sun slowly sinks.
And sitting in my mind are words I can't speak,
But still she stares at me without a blink,
Hoping I give in and decide to retreat, but
Still I go on, broken and weak. She
Stops me suddenly with a wink, I see her
Face and she looks like a freak. I glance
Again and I've found a kink; The someone
who's staring back at me, She's in the mirror,
Above my sink.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Oh man, I could really relate to this. I read it over and over. I hope you can get this published. If I had to pick a favorite line out of the many favorite lines in this one, it would probably be "Encircled by people I wish I could be." Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.